Thursday, December 11, 2008

Powerful ......

I don't really care that much about whether or not my kids are book smart.


Let me explain.


I do care, I just don't care as much as I care about other things. I don't sit around and pray that my girls will learn to read today, or that they will understand a foreign language by the time they are 6, or that they will know their times table by next week. I do spend a lot of time asking God to give them "undivided hearts (Psalm 86:11), " and praying "that they will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel when they open their mouths (Ephesians 6:19)." I pray that God will help them to be good stewards of their time, their money, their words. I pray for their character, their faith, their decisions, their husbands. I want them to be wise, Godly women who chase after the Lord.


I'm thinking that instead of getting a "My kid is on the honor roll" bumper sticker, I may create a "My kid has an undivided heart" one. And then people will make ones that say "My kid kicked your 'undivided heart' kid's butt" stickers.


Maybe not.


But, the point is that one of the most important things I am privileged to do as a mother is to pray for my children every day.

I found this on another blog and need I say more.......
~ME

No comments: